Sunday, January 27, 2008

Garth Brooks

So I went to Garth Brooks last night!!!!  What an experience, I was so impressed by his energy and his passion for what he does.  He is quite an entertainer!!!  So we went to Two of his Five show fundraiser for the firefighters fund.....  In toll He raised over 10 million dollars for the California firefighters, I couldn't help but cry when he said that...  To have a person make an agreement that all services and the cost of the shows would be donated....It was awesome.  So we went to the first show, and the surprise of the evening was a duet with his wife Trisha Yearwood!!!!  They did "In Another's Eye's", it was amazing!!!  Then she did "Walk away Joe"...SO COOL!!!!  THEN!!!!!!  There was a woman in the front row by the stage that had a sign that said PICK ME.... (meaning, give me a pick)  So Garth stepped up the request a little, and not only gave her a pick, But he took off his guitar, and handed it to her...and then signed it!!!!  I cried It was to moving!!!  So this was the 1:00 show, we had tickets for the 5:00 show also.....


So we came back for the 5:00 show, we had seats, but they were'nt the greatest....We were, how shall I say.... In the nose bleed of nose bleed sections....  When we got the place where the usher checks our seats he pointed even FURTHER UP!!!  OYE!!!  So we get to our seats, and just as I sit down the usher points to me and fingers for me to come back down to him.  At which point he tells me that we just missed this guy who was looking for three people to give floor seats to, but if he sees him again he will tell him about us..... So within three minutes here comes the guy again, and he has a woman with him and the usher points at us they all finger for us to come down, and we go down and we go down to them and the woman hands us three tickets and says ENJOY, we look at the tickets.....FRONT ROW SEATS!!!!!!  HOLY COW!!!!  We start screaming and laughing and running down to the floor to get our seats....

I not only got tons of pictures of him, I got a drum stick from the drummer, which I gave to my friend Stephanie, it was the least I could for the girl who bought the tickets....  

So this show he leaves the stage for a break before an encore, and one of the concession workers is down there, she just wants to meet the guy... She asks him "what's it like?"  So he brings her up on stage, has the audience go crazy for her, she's on her break and is nervous that they are gonna fire her, he laughs and says they wont fire her, he'll make sure of it!  then he sits her down sings her a song and then givers her his hat.....  And then has everyone there with cameras take a GREAT picture with he and her, it was so sweet.....  Again crying... But so great to see a man so in love with what he does and how he does it... This will have to go down as one of the Top 3 experiences in my life so far....

 

1 comment:

Mike Greiner said...

you need to start putting pictures with your posts.

carry on.